Wednesday, August 17, 2005

chapter one

I have a thesis adviser, she’s scheduling me in for consultation next week, probably on Tuesday. She’s one of the best advisers in school, and one of the most sought after, so naturally she’s also one of the busiest. So, next Tuesday it is.

That means I have time to rewrite my chapter one, which I have titled:


The Filipino as Dancer
From the Pre-colonial to American Periods


where I convince everyone that Dancing is second nature to the Filipino people from time immemorial and give a description on what the dancing was like in ancient times, then under Spanish colonial rule, then again how it changed when the country was sold to the US. This is an important build-up to Ballet’s introduction into the country, which is what my thesis is about. I just have to remember to keep this chapter short and sweet and not get into much detail, because it’s not the topic of my thesis.


Hopefully by Tuesday, it’s not only finished but it’s impressive and my adviser will be excited for my thesis proposal defense. Which we have yet to organize, hence my need to make this first chapter really good.


I must say, though, it does look promising. Eeee, I’m gonna pass out from the sheer thrill.

2 comments:

wawaya said...

sheesh jo, you're the only one i know who's actually GIDDY about her thesis. where's the angst, the panic. the wishing you were somewhere else? all i see is joy joy and more joy. yay.

Anonymous said...

but if you pick a topic you love, and if you like reading and writing about it anyway, e di thesis is heaven!