Friday, November 26, 2004

first, last, always

I stole this meme from LJ. Whee.

First name: Joelle

First nick name: Joelle

First school: Benedictine Abbey School for just a year.

First word(s) spoken: Ma, probably

First CD purchased: I have to really think about this. I only started buying CDs late in life because I would rather buy tapes for my walkman. And then I got jobs where I get them free. Argh, I hate having to think when I happily wasn't prior to.

First job: Teacher Joelle when I was thirteen.

First time on TV: my dad's students and I danced on Discorama, back when Aga Muhlach and Gretchen Barredo were still an item and singing/lipsynching to each other on TV hahaha

First time in the newspaper: I'm sure it was ballet related. I kinda remember a press release for a show under my dad's school. The earliest one I kept is also a press release for another show, for my college dance company, and I don't look like myself.

First screen name: Joelle Jacinto, now a legend. Seriously, it really creeps me out when anybody says to me, "You're Joelle Jacinto?!" (Enter hirit: "How could you not know?" hahahaha...)

First pet: I got them together, so two dogs, Starsky and Hutch.

First piercing/tattoo: Ears, I was two, I think. Or earlier. My mom's a sadist.

First credit card: I'm careful with my Dad's, hehe.

First enemy: Grade school, I wouldn't go to this girl's house. She said bad things about me to people. Later on, we have a confrontation and become friends again. She was very pleased when I went to her house to hang out. I remember thinking she must be very lonely.

First big trip: I know my dad took me to Cebu on a commercial flight while my mom and sibs took a cargo plane. My dad said I threw up on him.

First concert: In high school, Violent Playground and the other Ten of Another Kind bands played in our school gym. I was impressed there were a lot of local bands who were not the Dawn.

First musician you remember hearing in your house: toss up between Led Zep and Pink Floyd.

First house you lived in: The flat behind my grandparents' house that my Dad had built and lived in as a bachelor pad before marrying my mom. We stayed there three years.

First room color: I remember it was light blue.

First time drunk: Damn, I'm so old that I can't remember. I must have gotten drunk before popping tequilas with my cousins around 1989, but I don't remember.

First time high: I think I was high second hand a lot most of my life. On my own, it was around 95 or 96, it's hazy...

First grade teacher: Ms. Almeda. She was beautiful! She changed her name when she got married.

First time on a roller coaster: the Space Shuttle at Enchanted Kingdom in 95; I was a big Octopus fan before that.

Last car ride: Home to the Las Pinas house from a date, yihee.

Last good cry: Right after the second movement of Classical Symphony during the Saturday matinee because my heels were killing me. I guess people are bothered, seeing me cry, as I'm supposed to be a pillar of strength or something like that. Erica told Mitzi, "I want to cry too!" as Mitzi swatted her face.

Hmmm. Though I did shed a few tears last night. Just a bit. They weren't sad or anything.

Last magazine you read: It's been a while. I haven't looked at a magazine in months.

Last library book checked out: An actual book - Ways of Seeing by John Berger.

Last movie seen: King Arthur - panalo! It's so strange, I always favor the bloke who DOESN'T get Guinevere; in this version, kinikilig lang ako watching Lancelot cast furtive glances on her but not making any moves because he's Arthur's friend.

Last TV show watched: Parts of Extra Challenge and a Ginebra-FedEx game which is how my sister watches TV.

Last card game played: I won my first game of Pusoy more than five years ago. Stopped playing cards since.

Last cuss word said: "Putangina!!!" while watching the leader of the Saxon army kill Tristan.

Last words spoken: "Hey, Miss World is on."

Last kiss: Last night.

Last hug: Last night.

Last sleep: Last night. Many things happened last night.

Last food consumed: Spinach and Mushroom pizza from Sbarro.

Last phone call received: a few minutes ago.

Last phone call made: Last night to tell Mom I was going home to the summer house that night.

Last cigarette: This is something I know for sure I will never do.

Last time drunk: Hahaha, I was being handed San Mig Lights August 2003 because I thought I was being cheated on. I've never been that drunk since; I instead get only slightly tipsy.

Last time showered: Yesterday. I will again soon.

Last shoes worn: My white shoes.

Last shirt worn: a black shirt with tiny rainbow-y stripes.

Last pants worn: Do shorts count? If not, it would be Wednesday that I wore my khaki slacks.

Last CD played: Frou Frou! "I'm high enough from all the waiting to ride a wave on your inhaling... 'Cause I love you..."

Last CD bought: Pearl Jam bootlegs. This was a couple months before I was employed in Sony but I wouldn't be able to acquire them anyway, because each bootleg is one copy of its kind, well, in this country at least. I like the ones I got.

Last item bought: Coffee in the House of Expense. And I wonder why I'm so broke.

Last annoyance: Wanting sleep and being unable to get any.

Last amusement: Lancelot's running joke that the other knights would one day be wondering why their kids look like him and the spot on exchange with Guinevere before facing the Saxon army on the ice --

Lancelot: You look nervous. There are a lot of long-lonely men in that army.
Guinevere: Don't worry, I won't let them rape you.
I love witty repartee. I want to marry it.
Last disappointment: Being tsked at again by people I don't want tsk-ing at me, few weeks ago.
Last soda drank: Coke with pizza.

Last thing written on paper: A phone number.

Last key used: The key to my Las Pinas house.
Last IM: Right now.
Last ice cream eaten: Hmmm, not for a long time. We must rectify that.

Last person spoken to before sleep: I thanked a handsome man for the ride home. Everyone at home was pretty much conked out by the time I entered my house. I know he isn't a person, but I did pat Doggie on the head and say, "Good Doggie," before I went into the house.

1 comment:

joelle said...

Yeah, I'm only finding that out now. Go, Joelle! :) Hey App, how was Hanson?