Thursday, November 11, 2004

other people would call me sexy

Jacqui was walking behind me the other day and suddenly said, "Grabe, Joe, ang payat payat mo. But... (scary pause here) you have pwet. And boobs." I look back at her to see her studying me skeptically. When she sees me looking at her, she continues her train of thought and says, "Isn't that great?"

I'm not too worried about my boobs, they'll shrink when I get my period. But I'm not as happy about my supposed kapayatan as my sister is.

I don't feel thin. But I think it's just perspective. I'm PMS-ing and therefore feel the need to stuff my face every five minutes. I feel like I have a huge tummy that I have a hard time sucking in (hence the messed up center). On the upside, I seem to have thinner ankles.

I have always had a complex about my ankles. People give me really cute anklets that I never wear because they make my already thick ankles look thicker. Yes, I've been told that I'm hallucinating, I don't have thick ankles, but yo, these are my legs. I would know. Okay, they're not Nordic peasant girl ankles but they're thick for the size of my legs and if you have short legs like mine, you kinda notice the things that make them them shorter.

In this regard, it may interest you then that my ankles seem to have shrunk somehow. (Well, it interests me!) They're not as thick as they used to be and I do look like I have longer legs. I read somewhere (in my ever endless quest to lose weight) that there are parts of you that get smaller first before other parts do, hence the idea of the trouble spots. I guess, before my trouble spot - my tummy - it's safe to say that fat leaves my body in so far the following sequence: chest, face, arms, back, hips, legs (and by association, ankles).

Now if only my stomach will get with the program.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

you are making me hate your dancing. shouldn't your passion in life be making you feel good about yourself?

love,
marga

Anonymous said...

i'm sorry, that was an insensitive comment, please forgive. i just hate hearing you nitpick about your body so much. you do know that you are a beautiful, sexy goddess, don't you? but, i guess this is just a part of your professional perfectionism, and not really so much about body image.

it's very different with singers. with us, it's all about finding your comfortable repertoire where you can shine just by being yourself (hence the diva mindset). yes, there is an advantage when you have a certain kind of voice, but ultimately there is always room for any kind of voice, as long as the technique, artistry and determination are there.

so don't mind me, i'm just being the self-absorbed diva.

love,
marga

joelle said...

well, i was super happy about my ankles. and i've always considered my beautiful sexy goddessness as a given. i got scolded about my professional perfectionism by my dad, by the way. he's basically worried that i'm never content. i gotta ease up, i know.

thanks for the concern, sweetie. love!!!

Anonymous said...

i think ok lang naman to be perfectionist with the things you can change. it's the stuff you can't change, like your body type, that would be counterproductive to obssess about, di ba?

much love,
marga