Monday, November 29, 2004

mishaps, gluttony and wasn't watching how you spend money a new year's resolution?

My phone crashed again. Keep two hundred messages in the inbox and guess what happens. Anyway, I should by now learn my lesson about my cellphone crashing because it's not cheap to get it fixed.

I had a really tough weekend (yeah, what else is new) and part of it was feeling that I was indeed spoiling myself too much and what kind of glutton I have become. But not having a cellphone over the weekend made me realize how important it still is to me; perhaps not as important as when I was organizing press interviews and photo shoots for Tata Young, but important still.

The punished glutton in me was also feeling very bad about not earning enough money to the kind of lifestyle I had become accustomed. Either I find more means or I learn to live within them. Here's where my phone fits in. I may have mentioned I have a second job: it's freelance work and it hasn't really kicked in yet, but rushing myself to meet deadlines was quite difficult if I didn't have a way to talk to my editor, who has a first job similar to mine. So while I was feeling guilty that my phone was good for nothing and deserved to be on the fritz, panicking over the article I had to submit last Friday reminded me not to give in to melodrama as everything has its own importance some way or other.

Yes, I notice that I'm starting to talk like some weird zenmaster. That's just me, coping.

----

By the way. Since my phone stores numbers and messages in the phone and not on the SIM and I have no idea how to transfer them to either SIM or memory card (what for to have a 32 mb memory card? To store pics and videos, of course...), I lost all (almost all) your numbers again. Do me a favor please and send me a text, but let me know it's you. I still have the same number. Thank the lord for small favors. And thank you! Mwah!

No comments: