Wednesday, December 01, 2004

arriving at the right time, the very time we need it

NAMCYA Ballet update: Jared won Gold, Tara won Silver. Tiffany did very well in her enchainements and her classical variation but her energy was down during the modern and it was apparent (according to those who watched) that the modern variation was very important to the judges. I have already spoken to Tiffany and she's pretty okay with the results, as she had been okay even before the week of the finals started. I'm glad, because she values her self improvement than any kind of external validation.

One thing I did regret though was not being able to watch. True, I couldn't leave my school last weekend and true, I didn't have the details as my phone was dead since Thursday, but I did want to show some kind of support and I couldn't even do that because my phone was, as I said, deader than a doornail.

Next year will be the category for the 18 to 25 year olds. I sometimes wonder what would have happened if NAMCYA had opened a ballet division back when I was younger. Would I lose enough weight to compete? Would I have won or lost, given the competitors (I can already imagine who I would be up against)? What would it have done to my self esteem and self respect, either way?

I realize that I probably wouldn't have been able to lose the weight earlier than last year, therefore, I would probably have lost the competition if I had joined, as I would be unable to lose the weight then. Kinda reiterates that everything that has happened to me has been for a reason. I don't know if God really takes this much care over each individual in the universe, but I assume He does and I'm inclined to think that He's quite amazing.

No comments: