Friday, December 03, 2004

"is this it is this it is this it?"

Three-fourths of Makati (and the rest of Metro Manila) were closed down for the night because of the storm. And yet, you could not keep me away.

"Thousands stranded in Bicol..."

But Bicol is so far away. At least four hours or so. I feel sad for them, I really do. I'm glad I live in the city.

"Are you still going out? The weather's insane and two transformers had just exploded outside our house."

The weather doesn't seem that insane. And he wants to see me.

"Tsk."

Hee hee.

"GAGA KA. BAKIT KA NASA LABAS? PLEASE GO HOME HANGGAT HINDI KA PA STRANDED NG BAGYO. IT'S VERY STRONG NA HERE."

Hmmm, it must be really strong in the South.

"...go press that dissonance if you dare..."

Cozy, in the car, a slight drizzle outside, and no wind. It's only ten in the evening but it feels like 3 in the morning, or some such ungodly hour. The world outside is quieter than any dry sleepy night. The world inside is full of laughter as I lose a "Name That Tune" game.

"We're in the eye of the storm."

Seems like.

"I REALLY HOPE UR HOME. GO HOME NA SO I CAN STOP WORRYING."

But I am home. And I'm happy. I can worry about the rest of the world tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

awww...typhoons are the best, aren't they?

;-D

marga