Wednesday, March 23, 2005

hormonal thoughts

Recent talks of how insecurity can make you do evil things (we were talking about other people, being evil to us) has gotten me wondering if I do evil things as well. I don't like that I'm insecure - I try to curb it, but it manifests itself anyway.

I feel I need to explain. You know how you can chalk up somebody's evil actions to their insecurity? Take a person, the most irritating person you know. More often than not, s/he is irritating, spiteful, loud, abrasive, protruding, mean, et cetera, because s/he is insecure about her/himself.

So anyway, I know that I am insecure. I know I don't really have anything to be insecure about, but I still get that way sometimes. Force of habit, I guess. And a very high standard that I set for myself. Am I, or do other people find me irritating, spiteful, loud, abrasive, protruding, mean, in any combination of two or three or all of the above?

I hope not. I worry too much about my self-worth, already.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nah. Everyone has insecurities, it's whether you let them drive your actions or not that matters. And you generally don't.

joelle said...

aw, thanks. i'm insecure though, about a lot of things, mostly of my imagining. i'm trying to de-secure myself. love love!