Friday, March 11, 2005

onions and chocolate

I healed myself today. I made myself some onion soup (though it could have used more meltable cheese), I did body conditioning exercises for my poor ankle, I resolved not to worry about religiously updating my thesis journal.

I'm sick and tired of writing in my thesis journal. All I'm doing is whining. I'll only write entries when something happens or when I observe something that seems pertinent to my thesis. What I'm accomplishing (instead of writing my thesis) is giving a voice to the noise in my head, the noise that I've been trying to shush. The noise in my head that questions my determination and scoops out every little insecurity.

I don't need to submit my journal entries to my Research prof anymore anyway. It's now all a matter of getting things into the thesis and I know where I'm headed now, unlike how I was pre-journal. I'm setting myself free.

I smell sorta like onions. And cocoa, because I got all umay from the onion soup and I made myself Swiss Miss. They weren't kidding when they said chocolate made you feel good, huh? I'm fizzing.

No comments: