Thursday, March 24, 2005

making myself scarce... and golden brown...

My family and I are going to Polillo Island, my father's birthplace, for a few days. There is no internet there, well I assume there isn't because the last time I was there (maybe 12 years ago, or so) there was hardly any electricity. But it's a fun roadtrip and an adventure, plus some of the most undiscovered (read: gorgeous) beaches in the country. I'm leaving my laptop behind, even if there might be electricity in most houses now, and hello we're staying at a hotel. But I've stumbled into a kind of writer's block and I figure the opening paragraphs of my thesis will come to me somehow, no sense in forcing it by sitting unproductively in front of my laptop. For the rest of this week, I will read actual books (I plan to finish Beauty this week), write in my offline journal, talk lengthily to my family, swim and soak in the sun.

I'll dig you guys another day. Happy Easter!

1 comment:

markmomukhamo said...

Hey Joelle! Thanks for the note! Hope you have wonderful break. Happy Easter!