Thursday, March 03, 2005

ola!!!

thesis journal entry # 9
(I count discussing my thesis two blog posts ago as thesis journal entry # 8)

I got email from my friend Aileen the other day. She's in Spain, on a three-month residency with the David Campos Ballet in Barcelona; she's supposed to return to the Philippines and perform in our Swan Lake (she's already casted as Lucas' Odette/Odile) in July, but we're all expecting her to return to Spain and dance there forever. She should - better pay, better conditions, and ohmylord, a chance to live in Europe! While some of us are thinking we can probably sit cats or something.

Anyway, this is her reply to my reply to her first email. Naturally, in my email, I had already told her what I planned to do with my new thesis topic because Aileen had previously been dancing with BM and the first time Aileen and I had danced together (a million years ago) was in a summer workshop under BP. I was thinking, since she's seen how all three companies operate, this should be interesting for her.

In her email, she tells me about what they've been doing in Spain, which I believe I can use for my thesis, and towards the end, comments on my thesis topic. This part I found rather interesting:

"...ayaw mo nun, marami kang malalaman, i´m sure, it´ll all be the same, kahit saan ka naman magpunta you´ll encounter similar problems in companies."

I was not, myself, thinking that at all: the possibility that these three companies, and most companies whereever you go, are having the same problems regardless of the different conditions they operate by. This is something I really want to discover while digging deep into my thesis.

No comments: