Wednesday, February 23, 2005

is there a factory for perfect men?

Or is it just a small boutique that outsources their cutters and sewers?

I know who won Manhunt. I surfed the net for pictures of Jon Johnson (the pics you saw a couple of posts ago) and the official website said who won. I'm glad, though, because I like who won. No, I will not kill it for you and say who.

(I think I'm the only person who reads my blog who watches Manhunt, but I'm still not giving away who won. You can surf the net for it if you really want to know, you're not hearing it from me.)

I really really like my manok, Jon Johnson, though. He's so incredibly pretty, but at the same time, he's cool and not irritating or too vain or desperate, like some of the other guys. All the guys have their bios up on the official site and I laughed at some of the other guys' and was so "You've got to be kidding me!" upon reading Jon Johnson's. First off, he's a physics major and he's taking astrophysics and is intent on flying a space shuttle someday. For most of the guys on the show, their big career dream is to win this contest, while Jon Johnson wants to fly a space shuttle. And guess what, he's been playing the piano his entire life, and he likes to play Jazz. I started thinking, am I really attracted to people who turn out to be physics majors and jazz musicians? Jon Johnson is also, primarily, very passionate about surfing. Which computes more, I guess, and doesn't make the prior stuff all that shocking.

And I'm thinking, how are perfect men made? It seems a sin that such yummy goodness (majoring in astrophysics, is dedicated to his girlfriend, has excellent taste in music - his favorite album is Led Zep's Physical Graffiti) walks this earth. Observe:



Isn't it unfair? Then again, he's supposed to have really bad teeth and is only 5'11". Yeah, like those are really flaws you notice.

I guess, besides the yummy goodness, I really like him and am still rooting for him in Manhunt because he just goes and does his thing without complaint or drama. He has fun and is cool about stuff. He on a whole has a really good, deep personality, which I realize I really look for when choosing amongst men, even if it's a contest for America's most gorgeous male model.

Naturally, an entry about a perfect man will bring me to thoughts about how lucky I am that I found the perfect man for me. Or was it he who found me? (Or was it the seagull?) I mean, how much luck is involved in falling in love with somebody's mind before discovering that this whip-smart guy you've been talking to all week turns out to be such yummy goodness as well? And he doesn't feel threatened that I watch Manhunt, much less blog about my favorite contestant in detail. I have a yummy, ultra-intelligent, talented, independent man to love.

Sometimes, it feels unfair, like what did I do to get so lucky? But I've learned not to care. I've been a good girl.

No comments: