Monday, August 16, 2004

from Pacific Islander to Asian in six weeks

I have a secret. I'm bleaching myself. Mostly because I'm playing a geisha next month and jade on brown skin looks kinda gray-ish and I'm vain enough to painstakingly bleach myself instead. Thanks to my uncle who works in Unilever, we have a lot of whitening cream lying around at home, unused. And an aunt works in Flawless and gave out samples of bleaching soap, so I've been using those. Surreptitiously. I'm not up to having my family members find out, I'll definitely never hear the end of it. There are just some things that are automatically uncool.

Actually, I'm not a big fan of skin whitening, myself. I'm finding the entire experience rather strange and I didn't even think it was really working until I saw myself beside two other people who are supposed to be my skin color in the mirror last Saturday. It was like, holy cow, this stuff works. Thank goodness, it works slowly.

Honestly, just get me to a nice, warm beach after the show and I'd be super glad to be brown again. Then again, who knows if this production will ever make it to the stage? Get me to a beach anyway.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

They couldn't use clown make up to give you guys the kabuki look? Did they tell you you had to get whiter?

Actually I use godiva myself to get rid of the tell tale brown spots of ingrown leg hairs.

EWWWWWWWW!!!!
Don't tell anyone ;P

Anonymous said...

Duh. That was Lala. Maybe I should sign up in blogger, less hassle.

joelle said...

i thought you originally posted anonymously on purpose hehe. if you sign up sa blogger, good luck if you decide to have a blog AND a livejournal, mejo hassle minsan. anyhoo, at the rate we're going, we're dreaming if we're gonna get professional kabuki make-up. they did madame b 2x and both times the dancers had to do the make up themselves. trust me, jade on brown skin is ghastly!!!