Wednesday, August 11, 2004

happy, bouncy, mercurial me

I'm happy again. Yes, I think the condition's called manic depressive and I should get locked up. But Nobody knows, sssshhh...

Anyway, I've been forgetting to blog about this: We have a TV. In my weekday house, where I've been TV-less since my strange fire a year and a half ago. All this time, I've been watching the TV in my aunt's dark living room (where there's a connecting door to our apartment) and I sometimes miss episodes of Buffy because they are too scary to sit through in the dark. Now, it's more convenient to watch TV because it's in the room, very well lit.

My mom decided to buy a flat screen 24 inch that they were packaging with a free DVD player, so we took the 17 inch that used to sit in the weekend house den. Dad likes to tease Mommy that she only bought the new TV so that we can get the other TV. He's half correct, actually. Anyway, the TV doesn't have a lot of channels - 30 max, but we have the important ones, with the glaring exception of Discovery Travel and Adventure. DT&A is the channel which I usually leave the TV on when nothing else is on. I realized this when I was channel surfing last night and was just going on and on and on and on and wishing I had Discovery Travel and Adventure.

Speaking of Discovery Travel and Adventure, I recently found out that Bradley Cooper aka Will on Alias is a globe trekker. How cool is that? And he looks really hot, not kawawa beside Michael Vartan/Vaughn. Yeah, go Will!

Anyway, because we have a new TV, I've decided to challenge myself to be more productive in spite of the irrepresible urge to just change channels, catatonic on the couch, when I get home from work. Even though I missed registration completely and wasn't able to enroll this sem, I'm trying to get a lot of research work done for my thesis and hopefully get some of it written before I see my thesis adviser. That way, if he sees I've made a lot of progress even if I wasn't enrolled, he'll allow me to enroll in both Research and Thesis next semester and I can graduate next March. It's good to have goals like these; when I find myself parked in front of the TV, I feel so useless and inutile. Doesn't make me feel compelled to get up and do something, though. Except maybe raid the fridge.

No comments: