Saturday, August 21, 2004

Jacqui eats, shoots and leaves

I once told Jacqui I was okay with facing the prospect of us just having each other for company for the rest of our lives. She replied with a big, vehement "NO WAY!!!"

Actually, we would probably be at each other's throats a lot. Like now. There was a time we didn't see each other much, so we were sweet to each other all the time. Absence making the heart grow fonder, as it were. These days, we're always in each other's faces. We're always quarreling half the time. But the other half is pretty great.

When we were kids, we would never have imagined we would be this close today. We have super little in common. Like she's so into sports, screaming her head off watching basketball and billiards on TV and I'm like so ho hum. And she's ho hum about the stuff I love, like Angel and Buffy and books with stories in them. She's currently reading this big book about Henry Kissinger and is so absorbed. I'd be asleep halfway through the first paragraph.

And we so won't fall in love with and fight over the same man. And we probably won't get it, but we'd be so relieved to be at each other's wedding. Let's just say we're hopeful.

I think though, that it's what I find the most fascinating about her, that we're so different. They're complimentary, these differences. So if there's something about us that's the same, it's a bigger deal. And whatever happens, we've got each other's back.

I don't think I could have wanted anything more in a sister. Jacqui is the world to me. Even if she doesn't want us to be maiden aunts together for the rest of our lives.

Happy birthday!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Jacqui!

There's nothing like having a sister. Even if our fights have gotten bloody (As in Jo, I drew blood! Bwahaha!), nothing and nobody gets in between our relationship. I may want to kill her sometimes, but anyone who talks crap about my sister is immediately on my shitlist! :P

Lapot