Sunday, October 31, 2004

100 things

Here's the deal. I found this list in my files; I had posted it in my old blog last new year. I was reading it again and saw how much my life has changed since. Thought you might be interested.

Legend: Those in red don't apply anymore. Those in blue stay the same. If it's in bold font, it's a big change or non-change.

100 Things
1. I want to be less than 100 pounds
I hit 98 a couple of months ago.
2. I want to be prima ballerina the level of Alessandra Ferri and I will, mark my words
I probably won't but I'm improving. Hope you didn't mark my words.
3. Right now I am wearing glasses that are slipping off my nose.
I'm in my contacts, but my glasses usually slip off my nose still.
4. I normally wear contact lenses because I am legally blind
5. and my mom thinks I am ugly wearing glasses but
6. Caloy fell in love with me while I was in glasses so I can't look all that bad
Well, he did fall in love with me that way, so that stays.
7. I have 97 friends on Friendster
I now have close to 200, I think
8. I am somewhere between 5'1 and 5'2 but never bothered to figure out how tall exactly
9. I wear mile high heels and wedges
Not anymore, my legs get too tired from ballet class to try to walk in heels.
10. until Blue said to me "Bakit ang tangkad mo?"
11. I own so many bags that my sister has banned me from buying anymore
12. I believe that a girl can never have enough bags
13. I also believe in world peace
14. I am watching the CSI Miami marathon because I love Rory Cochrane who plays Lucas in one of my favorite movies Empire Records
15. I don't have too nice feet for somebody who wants to be on the same level of Alessandra Ferri, who has fabulous feet
My feet have gotten really nice.
16. I am 29 years old
I am 30 years old.
17. I love changing my friendster profile, and it's my favorite thing to do on friendster. Friends? What are those?
I hardly check Friendster now.
18. Just kidding about the friends. I have the fiercest, most loyal, most amazing friends in the universe.
19. If ever I get married, I shall have 9 bridesmaids.
20. But I doubt I'll get married.
21. I love coffee. I drink it while eating meals, like it was water.
22. I am Bubbles, the easy Power Puff Girl
23. I have beautiful legs
24. and beautiful shoulders
25. I fall for chiseled faces
26. and that eyelock-then look away thing
I've found other things to fall for.
27. I am so easy.
28. I am a monster when I get angry.
29. I will try not to get angry anymore.
Well, I'm still trying.
30. That's why I want to quit my day job.
Mission accomplished, April 2004.
31. I love fast rock and roll
32. and moving full orchestra ballet music
But I love jazz too. I'm rediscovering.
33. I love taking long hot baths wherever I can find bathtubs
34. I love looking at buildings and furniture
35. I love looking at Blue dance
I actually do, still, but I hardly see him dance anymore. And it's not as intense as it used to be.
36. I love buying books, and should read them before I buy any more
I haven't bought a book since I made that list. Yay.
37. I am more like Psylocke than people think I am
I like to think so. Humor me.
38. But I would never break up with Angel because he rocks
39. I think I have found my soul mate and I am patiently waiting for him to figure out what HE wants
How could I have thought that? The world wonders.
40. I do not like to think I'm waiting for nothing.
I've owned up to it. It's cool.
41. Hence, Blue.
42. I have one of the loudest laughs in the universe
43. I am not ashamed if people can pick out my laugh in movie houses
44. I am not ashamed to say that I like Meteor Garden
45. But I'm finding that the second season can be tiresome to go through again in its entirety
46. I am becoming impatient with this list and I'm not even halfway through
47. I used to not be able to live without my phone
I can't live without it. It's holding some gears and springs together.
48. I can make fabulous print ads in an hour, 30 minutes if I'm motivated enough
I'm not sure anymore; I used to, but I think I'm out of practice. May take two hours now.
49. I write well and I know it
50. I dance mediocrely and I know it
51. I'm actually waiting for somebody to say "No, you dance so wonderfully!!!!"
Haha, this made me smile.
52. I love Roswell so much, I like to think that they're my friends
53. When I was a kid I told my mom to call me Angelica
54. I am now apalled at my taste, blech!
55. I love my name. Joelle. Yum.
56. I hate spicy food
57. I hate wearing earrings and I lost a million earrings from when I was an infant.
58. But I wear them if somebody special gave them to me.
59. I wear only 3 pairs of earrings: one from Aphrodite, another from Jacqui, another from Mamia
I lost the pair Mamia gave me, sob!
60. I used to have breasts
61. I now wonder where they went.
I still have breasts. They're smaller, but they're there. They're well appreciated.
62. I still have a perky butt.
63. This list is taking me forever.
64. I love traveling. I think I have wanderlust.
65. But no place beats my bed.
66. I have the funniest, smartest supergodchild in the world.
67. I love to chide my best friend about spoiling my supergodchild to get on her nerves, hehehehe.
I don't get to anymore. Aw.
68. I have insomnia over the weirdest things
These days, I'm only insomniaic if I'm writing. I've lost a lot of angst, thank God.
69. I love to eat, but it always depends on what I'm in the mood for
70. I don't normally like sweets unless it's chocolate bars, vanilla ice cream, cheesecake, mousse or silvanas
71. I always cry when I watch Love Affair. Always.
72. Love Affair and Sleepless in Seattle are the movies that fixed my relationship with my Dad
73. I love Hugh Grant, and believe he has the most appalling taste in women because he hasn't met me yet.
74. I am in the process of writing my first novel. But it's all written out in my head already.
75. I need more time.
The time is now.
76. I need new shoes.
77. Actually, I don't need new shoes, I just like buying new shoes.
I did need shoes but I've bought new pairs just today and I'm happy.
78. I would take vanilla over chocolate any day.
79. I love white chocolate.
80. I could live on salami.
81. I love strawberries and cream and it's a wonder how I will ever get to below 100 pounds at the rate I'm going.
82. I like to take artsy photographs, meaning not the kind where everybody bunches together and says "Cheese!"
83. I love cheese.
84. I have to stop thinking about food.
Well, I do have to lose weight still.
85. When I was a kid, I used to pretend I was an elf and nobody could see me because I moved so fast.
86. I was so afraid of vampires that to this day, when I am scared, I cover my neck.
87. I used to like bacon until I cooked them myself and got sick of it.
I like bacon again.
88. I love the beach.
89. I love kissing.
90. I miss kissing.
I wish I could be kissing right now.
91. I love blogging.
92. I put three teaspoons of sugar in my coffee.
93. I used to only drink cappuccinos but lately I've been broadening myself
I drink the coffee of the day now. It made more sense.
94. I hate "going out"
Well, I don't hate it.
95. Unless it's a quiet catch-up thing with close friends
96. I love looking at stars, fireworks and Xmas lights
97. I believe I would be a great mother and an awesome wife
98. But I don't want it to happen anytime soon.
99. I believe I have time.
100. I am so glad this is done because I have the hardest time keeping still.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

no. 30 I want to quit my day job too. Le Sigh (TM Lala).

Marga

joelle said...

hi la! V - wasn't that a mini-series of this alien reptilian species that were gonna invade the earth and eat the humans? did they start with the tummies? i don't remember.

marga, sweetie, hang in there.