Friday, October 15, 2004

things I've done and not done

A meme I'd rather post here. Directions are bold the items that you've done. And I've done a lot, come to think of it.

01. Bought everyone in the pub a drink.
02. Swum with wild dolphins.
03. Climbed a mountain.
04. Taken a Ferrari for a test drive.
05. Been inside the Great Pyramid.
06. Held a tarantula.
07. Taken a candlelit bath with someone.
08. Said "I love you" and meant it. Hmmm, I like that this is my first thing I've done on this list so far.
09. Hugged a tree.
10. Done a striptease.
11. Bungee jumped.
12. Visited Paris.
13. Watched a lightning storm at sea.
14. Stayed up all night long and watched the sun rise.
15. Seen the Northern Lights.
16. Gone to a huge sports game. Shell vs Tanduay!
17. Walked the stairs to the top of the leaning Tower of Pisa.
18. Grown and eaten my own vegetables.
19. Touched an iceberg.
20. Slept under the stars.
21. Changed a baby's diaper.
22. Taken a trip in a hot air balloon.
23. Watched a meteor shower.
24. Gotten drunk on champagne.
25. Given more than I can afford to charity.
26. Looked up at the night sky through a telescope. Through the hugest telescope in Asia (tama ba?)
27. Had an uncontrollable giggling fit at the worst possible moment. During my job interview with the Big Boss of Pinoycentral. He hired me and then would tell people how I laughed at him all throughout the interview.
28. Had a food fight.
29. Bet on a winning horse.
30. Taken a sick day when I wasn't ill. Had a show, hehe.
31. Asked out a stranger.
32. Had a snowball fight.
33. Photocopied my bottom on the office photocopier.
34. Screamed as loudly as I possibly could.
35. Held a lamb.
36. Enacted a favorite fantasy.
37. Taken a midnight skinny dip.
38. Taken an ice cold bath. Never again.
39. Had a meaningful conversation with a beggar.
40. Seen a total eclipse.
41. Ridden a roller coaster.
42. Hit a home run.
43. Fit three weeks miraculously into three days. BV transitions at PC and my last week in Sony.
44. Danced like a fool and not cared who was looking.
45. Adopted an accent for an entire day. I yus Irish. Shite!
46. Visited the birthplace of my ancestors.
47. Actually felt happy about my life, even for just a moment. I'm happy now.
48. Had two hard drives for my computer.
49. Visited all fifty states.
50. Loved your job for all accounts. But it comes and goes. Hehe, it feels like I'm cheating, for all accounts nga eh.
51. Taken care of someone who was shit-faced. Does shit-faced mean totally absolutely drunk or that they have shit on their face? I took care of Lucas this one night he downed Jack Daniels shots like water.
52. Had enough money to be truly satisfied.
53. Had amazing friends. Have, present tense.
54. Danced with a stranger in a foreign country.
55. Watched wild whales.
56. Stolen a sign. But it was one of those Reserved Seat signs in the auditorium of the College of Music. I taped it to my chest, made people laugh.
57. Backpacked in Europe.
58. Taken a road-trip.
59. Gone rock climbing.
60. Lied to foreign government's official in that country to avoid notice.
61. Taken a midnight walk on the beach. Bora with Kitch.
62. Gone sky diving.
63. Visited Ireland.
64. Been heartbroken longer than I was actually in love. Yes and it sucks.
65. In a restaurant, sat at a stranger's table and had a meal with them.
66. Visited Japan.
67. Benchpressed my own weight.
68. Milked a cow.
69. Alphabetized my records.
70. Pretended to be a superhero. When I was a kid, yes. Though I still sometimes think I'm the Black Widow.
71. Sung karaoke.
72. Lounged around in bed all day.
73. Posed nude in front (for) of strangers.
74. Gone scuba diving.
75. Got it on to "Let's Get It On" by Marvin Gaye.
76. Kissed in the rain.
77. Played in the mud.
78. Played in the rain.
79. Gone to a drive-in theater.
80. Done something I should regret, but don't regret it. People keep telling me I'll regret quitting my good high paying job. I'm still waiting for it to happen.
81. Visited the Great Wall of China.
82. Discovered that someone who's not supposed to have known about my blog has discovered my blog.
83. Dropped Windows in favor of something better.
84. Started a business.
85. Fallen in love and not had my heart broken.
86. Toured ancient sites.
87. Taken a martial arts class.
88. Swordfought for the honor of a woman.
89. Played D&D for more than six hours straight.
90. Gotten married.
91. Been in a movie. It was a short film for a friend's class project, I rolled some weed. If music videos count as movies, I've been in two.
92. Crashed a party.
93. Loved someone I shouldn't have.
94. Kissed someone so passionately, it made them dizzy. Haha, or at least I like to think so.
95. Gotten divorced.
96. Had sex at the office.
97. Gone without food for five days.
98. Made cookies from scratch.
99. Won first prize in a costume contest.
100. Ridden a gondola in Venice.
101. Got a tattoo.
102. Found that the texture of some materials can turn me on.
103. Rafted the Snake River.
104. Been on television news programs as an "expert." Actually, it was a Radio talk show. But I was considered an "expert" even though I wasn't haha.
105. Got flowers for no reason. From the ex who turned out to be psycopathic. Don't trust those sweet flower-givers anymore.
106. Masturbated in a public place.
107. Got so drunk I don't remember anything.
108. Been addicted to some form of illegal drug.
109. Performed on stage. More than a thousand times, I think.
110. Been to Las Vegas.
111. Recorded music.
112. Eaten shark. Sharksfin siomai count?
113. Had a one-night stand.

114. Gone to Thailand.
115. Seen Siouxsie live.
116. Bought a house.
117. Been in a combat zone.
118. Buried one/both of my parents.
119. Shaved or waxed off my pubic hair.
120. Been on a cruise ship.
121. Spoken more than one language fluently. - I can't even speak Tagalog fluently.
122. Gotten into a fight while attempting to defend someone.
123. Bounced a check.
124. Performed in Rocky Horror. But just as an audience member doing the Time Warp.
125. Read - and understood - my credit report.
126. Raised children.
127. Recently bought and played with a favorite childhood toy.
128. Followed my favorite band/singer on tour. Does it count if you were a girlfriend at the time? If not, it's still happened, with a couple other bands. It was part of my former job after all.
129. Created and named my own constellation of stars.
130. Taken an exotic bicycle tour in a foreign country.
131. Found out something significant that my ancestors did. I'm entranced by the entire Babaylan thing.
132. Called or written my Congress person.
133. Picked up and moved to another city just to start over.
134. ...more than once? - More than thrice?
135. Walked the Golden Gate Bridge.
136. Sang loudly in the car, and didn't stop when I knew someone was looking.
137. Had an abortion, or my female partner did.
138. Had plastic surgery.
139. Survived an accident that I shouldn't have survived.
140. Written articles for a large publication. Though Mayo might not count Malaya as large, haha.
141. Lost over one hundred pounds.
142. Held someone while they were having a flashback.
142a. Had a flashback.
143. Piloted an airplane.
144. Petted a stingray.
145. Broken someone's heart.
146. Helped an animal give birth.
147. Been fired or laid off from a job.
148. Won money on a T.V. game show.
149. Broken a bone.
150. Killed a human being.
151. Gone on an African photo safari.
152. Ridden a motorcycle. Once and never again. Not even if Nino is grinning at me with a come-hither look from under his helmet.
153. Driven any land vehicle at a speed of greater than one hundred miles-per-hour.
154. Had a body part of mine below the neck pierced.
155. Fired a rifle, shotgun, or pistol.
156. Eaten mushrooms that were gathered in the wild.
157. Ridden a horse.
158. Had major surgery. - Does getting a large gash on your head stitched up major surgery? No, diba?
159. Had sex on a moving train.
160. Had a snake as a pet.
161. Hiked to the bottom of the Grand Canyon.
162. Slept through an entire flight: takeoff, flight, and landing. - I like plane rides too much.
163. Slept for more than thirty hours over the course of forty-eight hours.
164. Visited more foreign countries than U.S. states.
165. Visited all seven continents.
166. Taken a canoe trip that lasted more than two days.
167. Eaten kangaroo meat.
168. Fallen in love at an ancient Mayan burial ground.
169. Been a sperm or egg donor.
170. Eaten sushi.
171. Had my picture in the newspaper.
172. Had two (or more) healthy romantic relationships for over a year in my lifetime.
173. Changed someone's mind about something about which I care deeply.
174. Got someone fired for their actions.
175. Gone back to school. For my MA.
176. Parasailed.
177. Changed my name. When I was a kid, I made people call me Angelica. When I worked with PC, I was known as Marci. Who likes Drummers. Hahahahahahaha... sorry, private joke.
178. Petted a cockroach.
179. Eaten fried green tomatoes.
180. Read The Iliad.
181. Selected one "important" author who I missed in school, and read.
182. Dined in a restaurant and stolen silverware, plates, cups because my apartment needed them.
183. ...and gotten 86'ed from the restaurant because I did it so many times, they figured out it was I.
184. Taught myself an art from scratch.
185. Killed and prepared an animal for eating.
186. Apologized to someone years after inflicting the hurt.
187. Skipped all my school reunions.
188. Communicated with someone without sharing a common spoken language.
189. Been elected to public office.
190. Written my own computer language.
191. Thought to myself that I'm living my dream. In ballet class, everyday.
192. Had to put someone I love into hospice care.
193. Built my own PC from parts.
194. Sold my own artwork to someone who didn't know me.
195. Had a booth at a street fair. Does the Quill booksale and tarot booth in AS walk count?
196. Dyed my hair.
197. Been a DJ. On internet radio.
198. Found out someone was going to dump me via LiveJournal.
199. Written your own role playing game.
200. Been arrested.

85. Fallen in love and not had my heart broken. - I want to do this one day. I'm optimistic.

2 comments:

L said...

Done a striptease - bwahahaha. mahilig ka talaga mag red light special :P

Anonymous said...

no. 187 - Hell, yeah!

haha,
Marga