Friday, October 01, 2004

it was good

He parks the car in front of my house. I had spent an unplanned evening with him, most of it happened with his spontaneous suggestions of what to do, where to go, what to talk about. He had manipulated it so that he could take me out, then take me home and not seem the manipulator at all. He was the perfect gentleman, the perfect date, the perfect man. Do you know how you meet someone and feel like you could talk to them forever? I was very afraid of feeling giddy.

He wasn't talking, now, of course. He was staring at me. I was sure I would be melting soon. I remember the first time I had ever seen him in person - standing beside a cooler of ice, looking so tall, noble and dignified that it was impossible not to feel starstruck. That time, he smiled at me, a small serene smile, where his mouth just slightly stretched up, just a bit. But it was his eyes that were really smiling, his eyes that were right now making me melt. I could be unassuming and just check off this night as one of those nice nights of getting to know this cool person, know that we indeed had fun and be glad that I had made a new friend. Of course, I wasn't sure yet that it was just that. I was dying to find out, though.

After a while, when I couldn't stand his staring at me anymore, I look at him full on and dare to ask, "Are you gonna kiss me?"

He breaks into a wide smile and says, "Of course." And I fall.

----------------------------------
I don't want to be angry anymore. I hope he finds what he's looking for.

No comments: