Saturday, October 02, 2004

i'm done.

I don't want to post about guys anymore. It was escapism from posting about my life and I think I have to get out of this rut some way or other. It does seem that the universe is unfolding somehow, which is really good.

Sometime during the week, I was resorting all these old college things and found a lot of things I had forgotten I had. Stories I wrote, readings I set aside, programmes from ballets I had seen, application forms to universities in Italy, New York and Dallas (gee, how'd I get that, I wonder... ;P). The stories and fragments of would-be stories were in around 20-odd notebooks that also housed class notes, pen conversations with friends during Math, German and Nat Sci, lists of various things I liked and wanted to do, drafts of academic papers that wowed me with the depth of my mind so early in my life (hehe), etc. I didn't throw out much; instead, I did a lot of reading. Or re-reading, whatever. I can return to them when I want to, if ever I again feel I was at a loss as to who I am and what I want to do.

I'm discovering that both my writing exercises and my sorting through my old things were cathartic vehicles that served their purpose. So, I now place them back in the crevices I had left them and find my new path.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What about applying for a creative writing major? They don't have age limits for that, do they?

Marga

joelle said...

"Moon Goddess" - i lost it, at least it's not in any of my stuff. i'm trying to look for it, or if not, i plan to recreate it. i really liked that story too :)

marga, sasayaw muna ako ha. dito sa pinas. mwah!

Anonymous said...

no problem, hindi ko kasi alam na sumasayaw ka na uli. m so happy for you!

marga