Friday, October 08, 2004

damn, Spike is dead

They made it so in Buffy the Vampire Slayer for any girl who could potentially be a vampire slayer to have the power to fight evil, just to give Buffy a break and finally end the series. Ending the series involved killing Anya (she was sliced across the body from shoulder to waist, ouch, it was unbelievable how that happened - I am always stunned whenever they kill off one of the potential slayers, so of course it would be too much for me to see them kill off a character I actually care about), running Sunnydale to the ground till it pretty much doesn't exist anymore, and killing Spike. Yes, folks, they KILLED SPIKE. Damn. That moment where he was dusted/erupted from the heat of the sun was a scene I never thought I'd see and even though I knew it was going to happen (in the current season of Angel, Spike returns from the dead to join the cast), it was too much for me to actually see. But I liked that part where Buffy finally tells him that she loved him. That made up for him dying, I should think. All in all, it was a good ending to one of my favorite shows. *Applause*

No comments: