Friday, October 15, 2004

*boom* Ooooooh! Fortunaaaaaaa! *boom*

Danced Fiesta the other day in Intramuros. We were the finale and I believe the audience was happy to see us. I would say it was a great performance; I didn't make any obvious mistakes and I had fun. I count those as bad performances when I'm worried the entire time that I'm going to do something wrong; at this show, there were moments that were "Hey!!!" with worry, but overall, I was smiling (I'm supposed to be smiling) and it was heartfelt.

A nice moment. My solo (I have a solo in the middle of the coda of around 2 eights; it's just me and Sydney who have solos in the coda) ends with a held arabesque penchee. That's when my lifted leg is almost perpendicular to the floor, almost a straight vertical line with the leg that's still on the floor, and my body is bent forward to let my leg go higher. The first time I did this pose for Fiesta was also in Intramuros, on a different stage, and I almost fell because the floor was uneven and I couldn't find my balance. I saved it, but I wasn't happy with it. This time, I dipped into the penchee perfectly and held the pose long enough to get appreciative gasps from the audience and I heard a camera snapping in front of me. I want a copy of that!

Started rehearsals for Carmina Burana last night. I still know Fortuna even if it's been a year. I think I can probably dance Fortuna in my sleep. Casting's up and I'm not in the Masks dance anymore, I was promoted to Veni Veni. While it's a good thing that I'm promoted to Veni Veni and I do want to dance it, I will miss the Masks dance. An interesting trade off.

I will never complain about dance again. This is where I belong, definitely.

No comments: