Wednesday, January 12, 2005

dancing queen back in action

I haven't blogged about ballet in a while, so I thought I should for a bit. I was reading the archives of my sleepyhouse and thinking how I would write about the same problem or same bone of contention again and again. And how it made this blog dull and repetitive.

So just the facts. And some nice thoughts.

We've been back to professional ballet for a week and a half, and we have shows - a series of intermission numbers (hahaha) for a doctor's convention, two performances in La Salle Greenhills, more stuff in February because it's arts month, as well as a short trip to General Santos (on the weekend, but my Dad has no choice, it's the only dealbreaker - also partly why I can't go out and have fun on the weekend, I have to save my absences for PBT-related stuff).

We're dancing The Nutcracker and Fiesta in La Salle, then Andres excerpts, The Saga of the Coronary Man and Mantones de Manila in the doctor's convention. I kinda like the varied repertoire, even though I know learning all the new choreography/trying to remember choreography we haven't done recently will be harder than doing just one choreography over and over.

We've been learning Mantones de Manila. Arnel is my partner and as usual, he's sort of freaking out about partnering me, as it still unsettles him that I sometimes leave him behind, especially when he's freaking out over the parts he doesn't understand. I'm supposed to be partnering Nino but his contract isn't finalized yet, so they're working on that. I really do look forward to partering him. A good partnership is always ideal.

Okay, I'm very satisfied about this entry, not going on and on like I achieved some grand epiphany. I promise to be more interesting from now on.

No comments: