Thursday, January 27, 2005

perfect

Since I was trained (and very well, may I add) to run a ballet school for all my life, I get so frustrated when I see disorder and lack of organization from the professional company I dance for. I am more frustrated that, being only a dancer for said company, I cannot do anything about it, I just let the chaos run its natural course.

On the upside, I am doing really great dancing lately. I always like to do Andres because of the neo-classical choreography and the music and the drama of the revolution. I think The Saga of the Coronary Man is one big joke but doing it flawlessly with Nino on the first try makes me not mind the dance so much. And despite the horrid costume ("You look like a little kid who put on her mom's dress," said Lucas), Mantones de Manila is actually fun.

I'm thinking it's because I'm dancing, period. But that's just me being modest, I guess.

In February, there's more dancing to do, plus I might have a chance to dance Tzigane. Anatoly wants me to, and Kit (who claims to be sick of Tzigane) wants me to, also. I like that I'm not only doing great dancing, but there are challenges everywhere. I'm going to enjoy it while it lasts.

---

You could say that I have everything I ever wanted. Well, I think I could have a few more things to make my life absolutely perfect. I want a house where you're not locked in at 11pm (I swear, it's worse than Alcatraz), with a homey kitchen and warm, cozy beds. I want neverending internet, good music, a player for my ballet videos. I want two kids, one with super straight hair, another with curly curly hair, singing "More Than Words" to me.

Otherwise, I've got a pretty good life. *Hugging the Universe*

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

More Than Words?

Marga

joelle said...

Extreme was lead by Nuno Bettencourt (super straight hair guy) and Gary Cherone (super curly hair guy) and the "More Than Words" video showed the two of them singing together while their bandmates looked on. I'm just saying were I to have kids, this is what they look like. Maybe Waya and I were the only freaks who got that. Hi Marga!

Thanks Chino. It's really difficult to only do what you love for a living. Can I say though that I thought your music rocked last night? :)