Thursday, January 13, 2005

what's in my bag?

This is a meme I got from Lala's blog. I thought of the meme today because I brought my new laptop backpack to ballet today (I'm currently writing this entry on my laptop in the studio while waiting for rehearsal, this is soooo cool). This is my new orange backpack that I was lovingly given last Christmas:



And these are the contents:



Of course, there's my laptop on the right. Going from the top, we have:

1. My knitted ballet shorts. Actually, my ballet bag usually contains my ballet clothes - leotard and tights - only. My warm wear, I leave in a little plastic basket in the PBT studio in Meralco. Since I took this picture while wearing my tights and leotards, I used my knitted ballet shorts as representive of them.

2. My Gaynor Minden pointe shoes. They look kinda scary because they're made of fibre glass. They're also not as clean as they used to be. I usually leave my ballet shoes in the basket in Meralco, but not my pointe shoes because somehow, stuff disappears in the Studio. Pointe shoes aren't really klepto-bait but I'm not taking any risks. While ordinary pointes cost around 2,500-2,800, Gaynor Mindens cost 5,000 a pop. They last really long, though.

3. My blue umbrella. You can never tell when it's going to rain in this country.

4. My red and black wallet. It's the only red thing I own (not including clothes) so I worry that it doesn't go with the rest of my stuff, but a wallet is only found inside the bag, it's not really an accessory after all.

5. My blue pen. I have a red and a black pen at home. I don't know why they're not in my bag.

6. My coin purse. I think I got this from Waya from a Bora trip she took once. It holds all my coins, it's off-white and has a smart batik strip down the middle.

7. A blue floppy disk. For whatever things I need to save and transfer suddenly. Right now it has my old blog entries from Jete, I'm transferring them and laying them out in a book I plan to self-publish. If ever I get around to it that is.

8. My tri-color lip gloss. I don't think they look different from each other, but other people assure me otherwise. It was a gift from Quincy's girlfriend from when Daddy went to visit him in Orange County.

9. My keys, one to the weekday house, another to Lucas' room. The keychain is a pretty wooden window with a mirror inside and tiny jewels outside, a gift from Fran a birthday ago.

10. My Vanilla Vanille perfume.

11. Masking tape. To tape my feet with for when I put on my pointe shoes.

12. Decolgen No Drowse. I had some in my bag back when I was sickly and for some reason, I just keep them there.

13. My blue brush. It's the same color as the new repaint of Lucas' beetle.

14. My hairnet. Well, one of, the other one is on my head. A bunch of hairpins are beside it.

15. Rubberbands. I know rubberbands are usually bad for your hair but I don't wear them the normal way; instead, I place two hairpins at separate points of the rubberbands and twist them around my hair to hold the ponytail. The hair does not get entangled to the hair then, the way it would if you just used the rubberband. I have to use rubberbands because my hair is too heavy for normal ponytail elastics to hold, it always come loose for some reason. There are few things I hate more than a loose ponytail/bun when I dance. I want my hair tucked away, snug and tight, and not in the way.

16. My leopard print pouch where I put my hair gear and my lip gloss. I think there's a nappy in there, but I'm not displaying it.

I think there would have been more in my bag on another day, depending if I have school or a show or whatever. Like other days, I would have brought my journal but I must have left it at home with my other pens. As for now, this is mostly stuff I bring to ballet class. The laptop is essential because I find it's more productive to type away while waiting for rehearsal, I get lots more done and I have more time to sleep. Or go out, in which case I don't have more time to sleep, but you know what I mean.

My cellphone is also supposed to be in this meme, but I used it to take these pictures. And it never stays in my bag for long, anyway.

No comments: