Tuesday, January 18, 2005

more vanity: my front teeth are precious

I had a very horrible dream last night: my four front teeth came loose and off. I kept pushing them back in and of course they wouldn't stick to my gums.

This is actually a recurring dream. I usually dream that one tooth has come loose and I try not to move it so that it won't come off. It's never painful but I'm very horrified - of course I don't want to spend the rest of my life with my front teeth missing. I'm aware that there's a superstition that if you dream about losing a tooth, someone you know will die. But I always dream of losing a tooth; in last night's case, four of my teeth. No one dies right after, so I'm not a believer of that. Still, having to go through this dream is one of my least favorite experiences.

Another thing I hate about getting this dream is how my teeth feel weird the entire day after. They're securely attached and virtually unbudgable, but I avoid having my tongue or anything collide with my teeth and they feel weird. I don't know, I can't explain it. They even feel scared, if ever teeth can feel scared, this is what scared feels like to teeth.

I know I should be able to figure out why I'm dreaming that my teeth come off at all; I know it should be something to do with insecurity. I don't know what I could be feeling insecure about. I wish I did so that I can stop dreaming about my teeth.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah, i've had that dream, too. and it does feel weird all day the next day. i usually have it when i forget to brush my teeth the night before.

marga

joelle said...

I'm relieved to find out I'm not alone. Hi Marga! Miss you! Hi La! Miss you too, but not as much ... er, you know what I mean...

joelle said...

wow, chins, that's helpful. i have been worrying a lot most of my life, that would explain the many loose-teeth dreams over the years. thanks! :)