Sunday, January 30, 2005

i just slept through most of the afternoon

Aaaah, bliss is when you have prolonged hours to sleep after three straight days of physical exhaustion from dancing and waiting around, not to mention the last few weeks rehearsing my butt off for the last three days. I only got up this afternoon because I was worried I might either 1. sleep till tomorrow and not have any of my Mom's caldereta or 2. wake up sometime tonight and not be able to sleep till tomorrow. Both are tragedies in my book.

My parents are worried that I'm losing too much weight. My dad says it's not funny anymore. When did it become funny at all? I swear, I eat, I'm not anorexic, I am healthy. I just probably need more sleep than I can get, that's all. I have a day off from dancing tomorrow, but I have to go to school so it's not quite the day off I was expecting. Today's afternoon off was very welcome, though.

Anyway, back to my praning parents. They're forcing stresstabs down my throat, that's how worried they are. My worry is, doesn't the TV/billboard ad guarantee that if you take stresstabs, you'll look younger? Do I want to look younger?

Harhar, yes, I'm nuts.

When I've convinced my mom that I do eat very very regularly, she said to me "Baka nagla-laxatives ka?" Oooh, how's that for trust? Jacqui replied, "Oo, she does. Nagla-lactacyd siya..."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

try eating more starchy stuff, bread, rice, potatoes, couscous, polenta, lots of fruits. you probably need to slow your metabolism down just a tad. a too-fast metabolism means faster aging, too.

i'm pretty sure you're not anorexic (but maybe you do control your eating too much and you don't realize it). parents are always like that. i used to wet my bed when i was 7 or 8 or so, and i remember mama, all worried, coming into my room asking me if i had any problems that i wanted to talk to her about. and really i didn't, i was just a really heavy sleeper who couldn't hold it til the morning. hmm, or maybe she came in during the time i was caught stealing from my classmates in kindergarten...whatever. anyway, point being, they always worry and think the worst because that's what parents do.

marga

joelle said...

I can already see the worried look on Tita Alicia's face :) I do think that I'll miss my mom worrying over me. Just that, though.