Wednesday, September 15, 2004

ahem, ahem... no really...

My voice is raspy. I'm thinking this happened because of the freaking weather that's all hot and cold and hot again. As most of my friends are aware of, I have that kind of voice that can get really loud, the kind you have to shush in movie theatres, the kind that's perfect for silencing rowdy children, the kind that gets assigned to announce "ML135, Music History is clooooosed!" during the crazy moments in UP registration.

Plus, it got worse that day I hung out with the girls before Franny left. To do girltalk for seven hours straight can really give your vocal chords a work out. And I guess it doesn't help that I do talk any chance I get.

It's so bad now that my students and I have devised a way of communication. I whisper directions to my "helpers" Kiara and Camila and they announce it to the class. The kids are finding the entire experience amusing. My mom is glad that it means I am more restrained from getting mad at my students, now that it's actually painful. Like Spike's chip.

My sister says I should try to NOT speak for a month so that my voice recuperates. I bet she would love that. I'm merely drinking a lot of tea.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hindi naman one month, 5 days tops. Then start humming in your head voice a bit (no matter how bad it sounds), gradually sliding it down into your normal speaking voice. And get lots (LOTS) of sleep and take some Zinc supplements. If it doesn't get better after a week of rest, see an ENT na.

Love,

Marga