Friday, September 10, 2004

my own maroon 5 video, scene three

Backstage at another big concert. My boyfriend is at home, watching TV. His girlfriend is simply not around. I'm talking to a million people, suddenly, it's just the two of us standing beside each other. I look at him, but he is looking at the distant stage. I lower my eyes. When I lift them again, I notice he is looking at me. I turn my head to face him and his pensive face is about to slowly turn into a smile. Then, somebody joins us as if the conversation we were having was joinable.

His band moves to the stage; I follow a little bit behind them. He looks back at me, twice. They play and the crowd cheers and moshes. The lights are dancing and everybody has a good time. They all smile at each other every so often. He looks at me and his smile gets wider. I take photos and smile at him, more when he isn't looking at me and is lost in his music.

Backstage again, my boss and co-worker pull me to go home. As we walk to the exit, my boss looks at the pictures I took. My co-worker yells a goodbye somewhere and I look in the direction he was shouting and see him heading another direction in the parking lot, giving a small salute despite the equipment he's carrying. I pull my mouth to a half smile and walk away.

No comments: