Friday, September 10, 2004

my own maroon 5 video, scene five

My friends call me up, gesticulating wildly. I shake my head and look at a framed photo of my boyfriend standing beside my phone. When I hang up, I pick up a book I'm reading, checking my watch, looking from frame to phone and back at my book.

(Notice how I found a way to explain what was going on without using conversation that the audience won't hear. I actually don't have a photo of boyfriend in a frame near my phone, and neither will he ever call me on my landline unless he asks me on my cell first, but this is only a video after all.)

He is onstage, playing a gig. He sees my friends at a nearby table and scans them with a frown. He looks around the room. He goes back and looks at his guitar.

I am still beside my phone. I am still looking at it, waiting for it to ring.

He is outside the club, looking at the people who pass by. His girlfriend joins him and he smiles at her. They walk away.

The song ends.

No comments: