Friday, September 10, 2004

my own maroon 5 video, scene two

We sit facing each other across this crowded room. Outside, the twelfth band of the night is playing; my boyfriend is in band #22. He is in band #23. He is talking to somebody. I am talking to somebody. He is laughing. I am laughing. Smiling at the people we are talking with, we somehow end up glancing at each other. Our smiles don't fade. He peers at me, as if he wants to tell me something. I bite my lips and look away.

My boyfriend arrives. He plunks his case down and grabs the first empty seat he can find and sets it beside me. He sits down, blocking him from my line of vision. He leans in for a kiss. When my boyfriend leans back, he comes into my line of vision again, a livid scowl on his face. I turn to face my boyfriend and ask him what took him so long.

When my boyfriend's about to go on, he leads me out to the stage with him so I can take pictures from the side. We pass him and my boyfriend talks to the guy he's with. He looks at me, cocking his head, a grin about to creep onto his face. I stare down at my boyfriend's hand, the one that's holding mine. We go on.

Right after the set, my boyfriend wants to leave. I try to ask him if we can stay awhile. My boyfriend gets angry. (I don't know how people will understand what's going on, there's no dialogue allowed in music videos.) Anyway, I decide not to push it and look away. Then, I see him watching us. I look away again.

(I do a lot of looking away in this video, don't I?)

No comments: